Monday, October 8, 2012




     I had a accomplished day, then met up with my good friends Ang Tshering Lama and Dawa Yangzum Sherpa for a delicious dinner where Ang plied me with three large fresh ginger lemon drinks, piping hot for my Kathmandu cough. I have to give Ang props as its his motorcycle that I'm riding. Ang is a guide that specializes in unique treks and adventures in Nepal and Tibet (hell if you got the money, anywhere). The one that I want to do most is his fully supported bicycle ride from Lhasa to Kathmandu staying in hotels the whole way and just soaking in the riding on the stellar empty friendship highway. Dawa Yangzum Sherpa is one of my longest lasting friends in Nepal. I met her on my first expedition here in 2008. Most recently she just spent the summer volunteering as a Climbing Ranger at Mount Rainier with me. She has also climbed to the summit of Everest and is a Sherpa Adventure Gear athlete.
Ang dai


Dawa bahini


No comments:

Post a Comment